We have extensive coaching and training experience.
Coaching and training is in PIP’s DNA; our consultants have assisted numerous clients to build competence throughout their organisation. Our people work closely with your managers, supervisors and front line personnel to build their skills in the areas that drive operational performance.
We employ multiple approaches to building competency.
Through formal training and coaching on-the-job, your people build the skills needed to lock in the gains we make with you, and acquire the competence to drive improvement both now, and long after we have left.
- On the job training: We work one-on-one with your people to identify and resolve the organisation’s critical issues. In doing so, we train them in our approaches and methodologies, building their skills and confidence so that they can in turn pass this on to others throughout the organisation.
- Classroom training: We use more formal classroom training sessions to broadly disseminate our methodologies and tool kits throughout the organisation as they are needed. Classroom training is available to our clients, both:
- Onsite, as part of a PIP engagement, and
- Offsite, as a tailored standalone training programme.
We have well over 600 training tools and materials that allow us to customise formal training programmes that address your organisation’s specific needs. All our training courses are highly participative, and provide practical, on-the-job exercises so participants can begin applying what is learnt in the classroom, to their role.
- Role modelling and coaching: The methodologies and toolkits learnt in the classroom environment are then rigorously applied day after day on-the-job by the participants with support from a PIP Business Coach to act as a role model, coach and support as they master the skills so they become second nature.
- Testing competence by the ability to deliver results: Building competency is more than simply training your staff. Our consultants track and measure your people’s demonstration of competencies on the job, supporting them to “hard-wire” ongoing performance improvement into your organisation’s culture. This can only happen when your people have the right skills and tools, and when their objectives are aligned with your organisation’s strategy.
We partner with one of the world’s leading University’s to deliver high quality training and coaching
Our close partnership with The University of Melbourne complements the strength of our training materials. Our clients (and our people) can gain a University of Melbourne Professional Certificate in Operations through mastering a number of our core training modules, with a focus on:
- Business Improvement
- Strategic Sourcing, or
- Construction Productivity.
The Professional Certificates are delivered in the workplace by our senior consultants who are Associates of the University. Our core training modules are complimented by study, and academic and industry assessment, through the University of Melbourne’s postgraduate education and assessment.
Our competency approach and training materials are highly respected by our clients.
We’re proud of the impact our competency programme has; feedback on our training courses over the past 12 months reinforces this:
- 90 % of clients believe our training unleashed their potential
- 100 % of clients believe they will use PIP tools in the future
- 96 % of clients rate the quality of our training as high
- 97 % of clients find the PIP toolkit useful in their work
- 96 % of clients believe that PIP training has helped improve their own or their teams performance
- 100 % of clients believe PIP trainers are experts in their area
- 92 % of clients believe our training materials are effective
- 90 % of our clients feel confident in explaining PIPs approach to their colleagues.
PIP’s training courses are available to our clients in a wide range of areas:
- Business improvement
- Lean tools and methodologies
- Management Operating Systems (MOS)
- Construction productivity
- Capital design Net Present Value (NPV) optimisation
- Strategic sourcing
- Rapid sourcing
- Contractor management
- Unleashing potential through people
- Supervisor training
- People skills.
PIP left us with a sustainable methodology and a confident, enthusiastic team that knows what it is doing and how to do it. PIP is my first choice for consultants when we need an intervention. DAVE BENTLEY