The Management Operating System (MOS) is the specification for how an organisation translates corporate goals into actions where the work is performed. We can help you define and implement the right MOS for your organisation, so as to ensure that the operating strategy is consistently translated into more specific and actionable targets and actions for your front-line workers.
We can help you to develop and implement a MOS by:
- Implementing reviews at the most senior level. Implementing Results-Actions-Reviews sends a clear message that this is important and provides the necessary mechanism to manage the roll-out to lower levels in the organisation.
- Defining the right Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and targets. This needs to be done for each level/area, ensuring there are no overlaps or gaps in accountability.
- Obtaining performance data and agreeing target-setting processes. Reliable data is critical when agreeing the right actions to improve performance, but it is often not readily available or accessible for a regular review. Spending the right amount of effort prioritising and compiling performance data accelerates the benefits of the MOS. The roll-out typically begins with basic data and simple performance review packs that are refined on an ongoing basis.
- Prioritising the roll-out of the MOS. A measure essential to success is the cascading of reviews and KPIs, from the CEO to front-line workers, as quickly as possible. This should be paired with individual coaching on the conduct of the participants and content of the discussion.
- Ensuring simplicity and focus at the front line. Distilling the complexity of the MOS into simple, actionable targets that front-line workers can influence ensures rapid translation of ideas into performance.
- Coaching extensively throughout. We support the organisation throughout implementation with the one-to-one coaching of managers and other staff. This ensures that the roll-out is effective.
Partners in Performance have given us some very useful information about gaps that we can close. They had continual syndication with line teams, from supervisors to senior management; the daily feedback sessions were excellent for alignment.MARK, GENERAL MANAGER – OPERATIONS, LOGISTICS AND SHIPPING INDUSTRY