This site runs best with JavaScript enabled

Case Study

small logo

Business challenge

The largest UK provider of online marketing content wanted to optimise conversion from their freemium model to paid monthly and annual subscription.

Context

The largest UK provider of online marketing content wanted to optimise conversion from their freemium model to paid monthly and annual subscription.

Business impact

0%+

conversion rate increase first quarter through changes in user flow

0weeks

to deliver improved user experience through personalised follow-up when needed and balancing linear viscosity

Solution

Analysed two years of event‑data from 9.5m devices

Identified 11 events of visitor behaviour driving decision to convert to a paid tier

Built heat score models using prescriptive analytics to predict likelihood of conversion to paid subscription in 7 and 28 days

Helped devise a new UX process and a follow‑up strategy to personalise and nudge ‘on the fence’ prospects to convert

We thought we had a good handle on what drives customer conversion, but the detail provided [by DataStories] will enable to better focus and optimise our approach across different users.

Co-founder, COO/CTO, Smart Insights

Key Takeaway

Critical events that drive conversion informed new strategies and generated 80% of the value even before model implementation, scoring brought the remaining 20%.

LeftPrescriptive Analytics